Dumbo Rat Facts
Dumbo Rat Mutation Characteristics
Here are some of the known characteristics associated with dumbo rats:
- Ear shape – there are actually a wide variety of ear sizes and shapes produced by the dumbo mutation. Among the most desirable ones are those with large, rounded and low-set dumbo rat ears. However, the mutation may also produce some anomalies such as tubular, creased, pointed, folded and even curled ears.
- Skull shape – the upper part of the skull of the dumbo rat is broad and flat. Others may also be concave, while some may display a more prominent occiput, or the back of the skull that often gives a rat that hunchback appearance.
Don't forget to sign up for my free newletter below to get my 12-day dumbo rats mini-course! You'll receive the first lesson in your email instantly!
- Jaw shape – there are variety of dumbos that have a smaller lower jaw.
- Eye shape – dumbos may also have differences in the position and shape of the eyes.
- Body shape – the bodies of dumbos are often rather stocky.
- Ear movement - some owners of dumbo rats that have reported the ears of their female rats do not vibrate when in heat.
- Temperament – dumbo rats are widely known to be more docile and possess a calmer temperament than most other domesticated rats.
This 80 page downloadable guide covers every aspect of caring for your pet rat including such topics as:
- The #1 most overlooked factor when it comes to caring for your pet dumbo rats...(read more)
- How keep your pet dumbo rat clean and healthy with a list of must-have rat grooming supplies...(read more)